Friday, July 1, 2011

Just one movie this summer, please.

There is only one movie that I'd like to see which is based on a comic strip and cartoon: Captain America. I cannot get into any other movie. I will not see Transformers 3 or Green Lantern. Call me old or jaded, but I don't believe those movies will be entertaining to me.

I look forward to Captain America because the background is based on the older material and his origin story: how he grew up, how he was given strength, and what he did with that strength. This is the kind of story that I want to read in a book and watch on the big screen. Transformers isn't about the robots, it's about the kid (no offense to Shia Labouf). Green Lantern is about a cocky test pilot who doesn't know what to do with himself; not the kind of story I want to watch.

CA is the only story I can identify. Yes, his powers were given to him, but he had to earn that power by relentlessly trying to enter a war he was told he couldn't fight. I especially like how Steve Rodgers (before transformation) says something along the lines of "I have no right to live while others are dying for that right."

I am willing to believe this will be a good movie. I hope it will be when I watch it in theaters.

--HardWearJunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment