Sunday, June 30, 2013

A New Pair of...Well, They're Not Eyes...

The previous computer I had came from my father. He dropped the laptop on the floor and cracked the screen. To compensate I lent him my old CRT monitor. It worked fine, but he wasn't satisfied with it. Then he got a Macbook Air (I think).

I got a better screen so I can use his old laptop. However, that computer became wonky with Blue Screen of Death reboots all over the place. Even when I was using Microsoft Word and nothing else I would still get a BSoD.

So, I get a new computer. It works like a charm, even though it's a desktop tower. Well, I wouldn't call it a tower because it doesn't seem to be big enough to warrant the name. It is a case, but that can be a label for a lot of other computers. I'll call it a box and we'll leave it at that.

The computer is a Dell with a 2.9 GHz Intel Pentium G2020 processor and 4GB of memory that can expand to 8GB as soon as I get the money. There is 500GB of storage, so most anything I had will fit with enough space for the Spruce Goose and the Titanic wingtip to stern. Although the graphics processor is the Intel on-board stuff, it can still run Diablo 3 plenty well with fairly beefy settings.

And that's where the point of this post is. With an improvement to the graphics capability and an incredibly faster chip I can run almost anything out there without fear of slow down or memory problems. With more memory in the next couple of weeks I can say that I can run nearly any movie, play nearly any game, and execute nearly any graphic program with impunity.

That is, until my specs become obsolete in the next six months. *Le sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment