Monday, February 22, 2016

So Many Things to Say

Yeah, a whole seven months since I spoke here. I'm lazy, but I did remember.

I got XCom 2 and played it until I liberated Earth. I loaded over and over again because I'm too attached to my soldiers. I do not make a good general because I want to see all my soldiers succeed. It was like that with the original game back in the 90's, the reboot years ago, and it is true today.

The game is so much better than the reboot. The maps are more organic. There is more variety in the types of missions, and the pace is quicker. Unfortunately the errors that plagued the reboot also show up in XCom 2: characters clipping objects, shooting through walls (and hitting their targets), odd camera angles obscured by objects, and delays between actions. These are major gripes but I gloss over them because the game is so good and engrossing. Damn I played over 80 hours to get to the end on normal mode and I am playing again in Easy but with Ironman engaged.

Get XCom 2. You will enjoy freeing the Earth from the alien menace.

No comments:

Post a Comment